Mountain Valley Pipeline Information
FERC Releases Draft Environmental Impact Statement!
On September 16 the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) released the much anticipated Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS). The comment period for both the FERC and the Forest Service ends on DECEMBER 22, 2016.
- Comment to the Forest Service about MVP plans to cross the Jefferson National Forest and Appalachian Trail. Respond to the proposal to create a 500-ft “Utility Corridor” across Peters Mountain.
- Comment to the FERC about the inadequacies of the DEIS. Call for a Revised DEIS with a new public comment period.
- Ernst Kastning’s report about geologic hazards in karst regions of VA and WV
- Pamela Dodds’ report about hydrogeology in Monroe and Summers Counties
- Documents that ICWA has submitted to the FERC
Announcing: ICWA’s Interactive Environmental Map
We welcome your help to defend West Virginia’s precious water resources!
- Use the map to identify critical risks and sensitivities. Send your comments about potential impacts to the FERC, the WV Department of Environmental Protection, the US Army Corps of Engineers, legislators, and others. Click to view or print a Quick-Start PDF guide.
- Share your ideas and suggestions. Email us at IndianCreekWater@gmail.com.
FERC Comment Index Project
Please help compile data about key informational comments that have been submitted to the FERC by individuals, groups, and agencies. This information will be shared for use in preparing comments on the DEIS and other state and federal permit applications.
Click to help
Here are two ways to support future development of the Interactive Environmental Mapping Project:
- Send a check: Please make your check payable to Indian Creek Watershed Association or ICWA, and indicate “Environmental Map Project” on the check. Mail to: Indian Creek Watershed Association, P.O. Box 711, Union, WV 24983.
- Donate on-line:
ICWA is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Contributions are tax-deductible.