Additional Resources for Pipeline Information
A collaborative effort focused on the multiple pipeline project proposals currently under consideration to transport natural gas across the Mid-Atlantic region. Groups include Greenbrier River Watershed Association, Appalachian Mountain Advocates, West Virginia Highlands Conservancy, and others. The MARE site is perhaps the single most comprehensive site for current news and action alerts on pipeline proposals and community action in the region.
- MARE Project home page — includes Latest News updates as well as Upcoming Meetings, plus a sign-up option for Newsletters and Alerts
- Information on the pipelines being proposed, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) review process, how to make your opinions known, surveys, and eminent domain
- Property owners rights and resources
- Maps related to the multiple pipeline proposals under consideration
Greenbrier River Watershed Association has hired a full-time Outreach and Education Coordinator to educate and assist landowners and concerned citizens to respond to the proposed pipelines. Elise Keaton works closely with the MARE project and Appalachian Mountain Advocates. The GRWA website’s Action Alerts and Tools offers useful links for WV Legislature Contacts and for Getting Intervenor Status with FERC (a status that allows you to become a recognized participant in the review/comment process).
Official website of the Mountain Valley Pipeline Project. Includes company information, project overview, schedule, FAQs and more. Maps section posts high quality PDFs of the current projected corridor, by county. The November 2014 version of these maps are included here:
- MVP Rev3-2 10032014 – WV – Monroe – 1-page county overview
- Monroe County Parcel Map – 4-page detailed aerial view, with landowner parcel boundaries highlighted